When they say that America is an Empire, they are not kidding. The United States of America has military bases all over the world, and in addition they have tremendous influence everywhere. When the US speaks, you listen – that is the level and power and influence it has in the world. Also it installs certain leaders in impoverished nations so those leaders can carry out American interests. It is currently the world’s only Superpower, more powerful than Britain ever was when Britain was a Superpower (but Britain owned way more land). In this article, I will share facts about the United States of America, its history, and tell you exactly what it is a Superpower and has been since World War 2. I hope you find these facts interesting!
How the US rose to be the world’s superpower.
Before World War 2 before 1935, the United States was not a Superpower. It had some influence and moving up but not a lot. France at the time was the world’s most powerful country, with the strongest military.
World War 2 broke out with Nazi Germany invading several countries in Europe, in an effort to expand. Germany was not as powerful as France but they were more technologically advanced, better scientists, and strategists. Nazi Germany went on to conquer France without much effort and was the verge of defeating Great Britain until the United States decided to step in and join the war. So not only did the US, with the help… defeat Nazi Germany, it emerged as the only Superpower in the world (for context, Germany was fighting against the allies of the US, UK, Canada and Russia… so it really wasn’t a fair fight. In one on on fights, Germany was beating everyone). The US was also fighting another war against Japan. Anyway, ever since World War 2, the United States has been a Superpower.
Quick Fun Facts About The US
- The US is the 3rd largest country in the world behind Canada and Russia.
- The US is the world’s largest economy followed by China.
- The US Dollar is not the most powerful currency in the world but it is the world’s Reserve Currency.
- The capital city is Washington DC, and the former capital is New York City.
- Even though the 2 cities above are very important for obvious reasons, the most historic city in the United States is the city of Philadelphia.
- The US has a population of over 330 million people.
- More people immigrate to the US than any other country in the world.
- New York City is the largest city in the US, followed by Los Angeles, Chicago and Houston.
- New York City is the financial capital of the world, followed by London – UK.
- The US has 50 states, Texas is the largest.